- You develop new features, integrate additional systems, and introduce new technologies to make our services better and, above all, future-proof.
- Apply your experience in Domain-Driven Design (DDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD) & refactoring in your day-to-day work.
- You will be facing new tasks sprint after sprint and learn about new topics. One time you will work on the integration of other systems, and another you are providing the groundwork for a roll-out of our system to a new market.
- With pair-programming, coding on your own and code reviews you will get better day by day and improve your own style of working in software while being aligned with your team on a high-quality code base.
Software Engineer – Typescript / PHP (m/f/d) – Remote
BIKE24 • Barcelona, Dresden
As Software Engineer – Typescript / PHP (m/f/d) at BIKE24 you are jointly responsible for the development and operation of services within our Admin Team. Our Team provides the backbone of our eCommerce stack. Moreover, we take care for the existing legacy system and create parts of the new micro service architecture. You will work in an international, product-oriented and cross-functional team who is using Scrum in its daily business. Among 3-4 Developers, your Tech Lead, QA, a Software architect and Product Manager you will create and maintain the stable backbone (e.g. order-lifecycle, warehouse connection, customer service interface) of the eCommerce Platform from BIKE24.
Your new challenge:
- You have a passion for backend technologies and experience with coding and development best practices. It’s a plus if you worked before in the e-commerce area.
- You should have experience in PHP to be able to work in legacy projects and to drive the digital transformation you need good knowledge in Typescript (Node.js / NestJS).
- You already worked in different software development projects and showed in the past, that you love to get in touch with your team and work together. You shaped the projects instead of just killing tickets.
- You are fluent in English both verbally and written.
- A plus, no must: Some Cloud experience, ideally GCP
What you can expect from us:
We want our talents to develop in an optimal way. For that, BIKE24 offers you a range of benefits, which you can read about here.
Employee discounts in our online shop
Whether bikes, accessories, outdoor or streetwear - our online shop has a lot to offer. As part of BIKE24, you can benefit from great conditions and live out your passion to the maximum.
As an employee of our company, you can come to work with a well-equipped bike, pay only an attractive monthly rate and are optimally insured against many risks.
Flexible working hours / Remote work
A doctor's appointment, a walk in the park or a short bike ride at lunchtime? No problem, work-life balance is important to us and the flexible working time allows you to organise your day as you wish. In addition, home office and remote work are a matter of course for us.
If you would like to chauffeur your bike, you can use our Jobticket to travel through Dresden with a discounted DVB subscription.
Company pension scheme
And because your future is at least as important to us as it is to you, we subsidise the company pension scheme with a fixed portion and the highest degree of flexibility and fairness.
First name culture
"No bulky Mr. or Mrs." At BIKE24 we are on first name terms. Yes, even the bosses! Why? Because we want to communicate at eye level. What went wrong? What can we do better? What is going well?
Education and training
Your development is important to us! That's why you can take part in internal and external training courses. Whether it's English training, product training or specialist courses, we'll find the right thing for you.
Our Corporate Benefits offer you a wide range of discounts on products and services. Travellers, fashion lovers, technology enthusiasts, gourmets or people looking for their next birthday present will find a great selection when browsing the platform.
Summer party and team feeling
20 years - time to celebrate! Every year we celebrate the company's birthday with a summer party to which we invite all our colleagues. Other team events are also organised, whether it's a volleyball or table tennis tournament, an after-work bike ride or team action in the high-ropes course - you'll quickly make friends here.
Our teams deserve good leaders. That is why our aspiring and already effective leaders train regularly in workshops, whether in-house or externally
"No matter how demanding the requirements are, people are relaxed and extremely respectful of each other. Integration into the team is completely smooth and no matter how trivial a question may be, there is always someone who is happy to answer it."
"I feel comfortable and accepted in the company and my work is valued by my superiors. As an employee, I get a generous employee discount from the company, have a free parking space at my disposal and my pension plan is subsidised by the company."
"The company is developing incredibly fast and offers ambitious people a lot of perspective."
"There is a lot of work going on. If you are interested and qualified, you can also get involved outside your own area of responsibility."
"Every contact, from the first day to the last, was characterised by friendliness and openness. Of course, sometimes you have a bad day and sometimes that affects conversations, but I've always found an open ear here for all questions and a suitable gap in the calendar."
At BIKE24, we promote green mobility and environmental protection. That's why we avoid paperwork as much as possible in our application process. We also pay attention to the security of your data. That's why we can only consider applications online via our applicant portal. Please do not send us any applications by e-mail or post. Please also note that postal applications will not be returned to you, but will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations.
Thank you very much!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, disability, age and sexual orientation and identity. In addition, severely disabled people are explicitly encouraged to apply and will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
Even if you are not sure whether you meet the requirements 100%, you are of course still invited to apply. We will then find out together whether the position is right for you. If you want to make sure first, feel free to write to us on LinkedIn/Xing or call us - then we can clarify your questions jointly.